Wednesday, May 1, 2013


Sorry I missed out last week, but I hope you enjoy the continuation of the story this week.  Don't forget to check out the other Wednesday Briefs' flashers listed at the end of the entry.

This week's prompts:  "An ounce of prevention is worth..." or use: cauliflower, pastor, enable or "When will I see you again?" or dress your characters in blue or "Count sheep? I'd rather count..." or "My ... is so sore.... (fill in the blanks)

Bane (2)


My skin tightened as I slid into the water.  I could still taste his salt upon my tongue from a few seconds before.  As soon as his abdominal muscles had begun to contract and his knees weakened, I withdrew and dove into the water.  He still stood upon the rocks above my head convulsing and splattering the rocks with his own wetness.  I laid back in the water and slowly paddled away from him as he regained his composure and dove in after me.  Within moments he surfaced in front of me.
"What about you?" he asked with a genuine desire and urgency in his soft baritone voice.
"I'm fine," I lied still feeling a heated desire despite the icy cold embrace of the quarries waters.  Uncle Jamie had taught me to always stay in control of every situation. I would not let myself lose it, even in this instance when I so wanted to do exactly that.
"You're a strange one, Little Pup," he says as he splashes water in my direction.
"Why do you keep calling me that?"
"I don't know," he tells me with a tilt of his head.  "It suits you for some reason, and I don't know your name."
"Bane." I announced. "Bane Connor"
"Blaine?" he questioned.
"No Bane, as in 'The bane of my existence'"
"There is a story there." he says.
"Maybe I will tell you if I our paths cross again someday," I quipped as I started swimming toward the shore where I had left my clothes.
"Don't you want to know my name?" He called as he swam after me.
I had arrived at the shore.  I stepped gingerly from the water, careful not to cut my feet on any of the rocks.  I slowly turned, once again taking pleasure at the look of lust in his eyes.
"I don't know," I told him, "Biker Guy will seem much more mysterious when I write it in my diary."
"It's Dillon," he announces as he slowly follows me out of the water.
"Damn, now you've ruined the mystery," I smiled to let him know I was joking.  People tend to take me entirely too seriously. I slowly gathered my clothes and threw them into the back of the jeep.  I couldn't help but laugh at the look of confusion that crossed his face.  "I like to feel the wind and sun against my naked flesh as I drive home."
"You're not afraid of someone seeing you?"
"This is all my family’s land, and trust me, they have all seen me naked."
"When will I see you again?" he asked, looking suddenly vulnerable in his nakedness.
"I doubt you will," I announced, although something inside told me something was different about this encounter.  A thought at the back of my head assured me this was not the last time Dillon and I would cross paths.  "I am sure you are just passing through.  People don't visit Connor's Gorge, and they definitely don't stay here."
"I don't know," he smiled, "if everyone is as hospitable as you, maybe I should check out your little town."
"Suit yourself," I told him as I climbed into the jeep, careful to keep a towel between my exposed skin and the hot seat.  "You might want to get out of here, though, before any of my uncles or cousins decide to show up.  They have a slightly different idea of hospitality."
I don't know if he took my warning seriously, because I could still his naked body in the rearview mirror as I drove away.  There is definitely something different about this one.

4 comments:

  1. A naked body in the rear view mirror is good. Good chapter. Loved the little detail about the towel and the hot seat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, this was definitely too short! I can't wait to find out more; there's so much hinting going on. Next week needs to come sooner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did here! Great job! I look forward to what you flash next :)
    ~Ava~

    ReplyDelete